About the Clearinghouse
The Indigenous Justice Clearinghouse is a collaborative partnership between the Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) and the Law, Crime and Community Safety Committee (the former Standing Council on Law and Justice).
Indigenous justice experts on the project's advisory group were involved in developing key aspects of the project.
By the end of 2014 there were close to 1000 publications included in the IJC database.
In 2014 the IJC was funded for another three years. The IJC receives support from the AIC and the NSW Department of Attorney General’s and Justice.
If you have suggestions or comments on the website please contact us:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: +61 2 8346 1743 .
About our logo
The artwork was developed by Garry Jones, Winner of Art of Place 2000 and National Indigenous Heritage Art Award (works on paper category). Garry has provided the following artwork explanation.
"The artwork is a celebration of our connection and rootedness to the land from which we come, and the life force from which we draw our hopes and inspiration. The spiral represents this energy inherent in the world about us and the dotting is the diffusion of that force throughout the land. The snaking yellow line of dots represents the path or journey along which we travel in life and which maintains our connection to our origins, giving us the core of our identity. The hand print is one of the most fundamental and enduring symbols of our Indigeneity, it also represents our capacity as Indigenous people to have power over our circumstances wherever we are." (Garry Jones 2006)
Frequently asked questions
- Have Indigenous people been consulted in developing the website?
- How is material for the website chosen?
- How can I add material to the website?
- Who designed the artwork?
- Who chooses the topics for the research briefs?
- How can I get hold of material listed in the key publications and evaluations section?
- I know of this great Indigenous justice resource, but I can't find it in the clearinghouse. How do I get it added?